I NEVER LOST MY PRAISE !!!




It’s a beautiful morning at my end here. I woke up with so much excitement. I couldn’t just wait to come down here and share my joy.
Today, I’m celebrating one amazing year filled with, so much joy, laughter, happiness, drama plus accomplishments that I never imagined could surface all at the same time.
Exactly one year ago, I went through what seemed to be the most humiliating time of my life. It didn’t exactly start this day (29th March) last year. The whole experience had begun some months before then but they were just times I prayed and wished everything around me will be alright but didn’t.
I’m sure most of you are lost but here’s the long story cut short, in the lyrics of a song I really love:

"I've lost some good friends along life's way
Some loved ones departed in Heaven to stay
But thank God I didn't lose everything
I've lost faith in people who said they care
In the time of my crisis they were never there
But in my disappointment in my season of pain
One thing never wavered one thing never changed…….

I've let some blessings slip away
And I lost my focus and went astray
But thank God I didn't lose everything
I've lost possessions that were so dear
And I've lost some battles by walking in fear
But in the midst of my struggle, in my season of pain
One thing never wavered, one thing never changed

I never lost my hope
I never lost my joy
I never lost my faith
But Most of all
I never lost my praise" (Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir)


This was my experience One year ago. I had to go through all of the above and more and trust me I thought I knew how to do all the right things to avert these harsh experiences but how wrong was I.
There are times you go through really rough experiences; things you think to yourself that you can’t go through all alone; depressing moments; betrayal of trust; loss of people or a person dear to your heart; failure of an examination that’s going to determine the next phase of your life; family crisis; financial issues; sickness and so on. And you see yourself going through these things that you actually don’t deserve; things that you shouldn't go through but then you do, especially when you've done all you know how to do.
Another song readily comes to mind right now:

There are days when I feel the best of me is ready to begin
And there are days when I feel I’m letting go, I’m soaring on the wind
I’ve learnt in laughter or in pain, how to survive…..
I get on my knees, I get on my knees.
There I am before the one that changes me
See, I don’t know how but there’s power when I’m on my knees”….. (On my knees by Jaci Velasquez)



A really dear friend of mine once taught me to celebrate not just the happy moments of my life but the “seemingly sad ones” because these sad ones actually mould one into becoming a better person; that is if you take out time to learn from the mistakes/errors plus the bad experiences that you really couldn’t do anything about. There’s always a lesson to learn from every experience. And once you’ve learnt, you should give yourself a pat on the back for being a better person than you used to be.
That is exactly what I’m doing today; rejoicing in the fact that I didn’t get drowned in the seemingly bad experiences but instead, I grew stronger, stronger than I could ever imagine and today, ideas have been birthed into several projects that I manage at the moment. Today, I look back and I’m thankful for losing some friends and gaining much more amazing people as friends and partners in business.
Today’s blog is dedicated to these people: my priceless family, beautiful Bolu (owner of blu seams: a fashion line); Dotman; Orevs; Yetunde (CEO Smooveme Makeoverz) and her amazing husband, Sunday; Bookie (Owner of Bookie Creations); Kunle Oju, Isaac; all customers of Teewaieff’s Beauty House (TBH); and all you wonderful people that take out time to read my blog.

I just want to encourage anyone out there going through any difficult situation you think you cannot handle by yourself. The good news is you don’t have to handle it by yourself; you don’t deserve to go through those dark times alone. Nobody has the right to steal your joy, happiness and youthfulness. Please talk to someone about it and learn to get on your knees. Pray your heart out to the only one capable of mending it. I cannot begin to explain what relief and strength you’d get in the place of prayer; it’s just unexplainable. Cry out to God, tell Him exactly how you feel; shed all the tears you need to shed in His presence and you will be amazed at how much strength you can draw from doing just that; strength to move on in the next phase of your life.



To celebrate this amazing moment of my life, TBH (a beauty house managed by me) is giving four brides-to-be an amazing offer: Two of these future brides will get their make-up and headgear done at no price at all while the other two will get the same package at half price. It’s going to be on a first-come-first-serve basis. You don’t want to miss this offer for anything. Make your bookings via facebook. Just send a mail to Faith Tunde-Yara on facebook.




Have a splendid day, people. *wink*

Comments

  1. wow! thank God for those experiences if the past and for where we are today. Through it all... we never lost our Praise. hallelluyah!!! to the FAITHFUL FATHER

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

weTalk! (Thin Lines:1)

Chasing Shadows (Episode 9): Finale

A Couple of Three... Episode 10 (EPISODE FINALE)