GET NEAT! GET RID OF THE CLUTTER!





Hi everyone. Today I’ll be writing about one of the most important but widely neglected issues of all time. And it’s about cleanliness. I may be a little gender biased today but that’s because it has become a generally acceptable fact that the male gender can be excused from being ‘neat’ and ‘organized’. It is unfortunate that some girls have been found to be even more disorganized and untidy than some guys.
I will start from myself. I don’t live in my apartment alone. In actual fact, I’ve never really lived alone, all alone, all my life; and I have since found out that people aren’t the same everywhere. Perspective to things differ, approach, mannerisms, attitudes, behavior; e.t.c differ. And though it hasn’t been easy, I’ve learnt to live with as many ‘weird’ people as there are at their different levels.
But one thing I’m yet to understand is how and why people shrug off a disorganized and dirty environment.
As a lady, I really don’t have the perfect excuse to give any other lady that is dirty, for whatever reason. Apart from the obvious characteristics attributed to ladies, it doesn’t make any sense for any lady that “should be a home-maker” to be dirty & disorganized. Whether or not you aspire to make a home in the future, it’s just something I find inexcusable for a lady to be dirty.
Society has made it normal for guys to be excused when the issue of personal & domestic hygiene is raised; I’m yet to understand why. Apart from the other things guys are excused from, especially in this part of the world, it has also become a generally acceptable fact for an average guy to be dirty, disorganized, and nonchalant about his immediate environment not to talk of the general public.
It disgusts me every time I see a guy (young & old) park his car by the roadside, comes down just to take a piss. Excuse me! We ladies get pressed too but you don’t see us doing that. That’s even too far for starters.


*Tell me why anyone can’t lay his/her bed immediately after getting up from it;
*Or why can’t you wash your dishes immediately after using them;
*Tell me exactly why you have to drop your shoes in the living room with your socks somewhere else in the house plus your shirt on the couch & your bag somewhere else;
*I need an explanation for the exact reason why you have to drop the wrappers of whatever you buy on the roadside, in your car or on the floor of your room & leave it there for weeks or till your maid cleans up (if you have one);
*Give me the exact reason why your clothes have to keep piling up on the cloth-rack & not get hung one of these days… Oh, the maid (or your wife) will sort them out too.
*I need to understand why you have your shoes scattered all over the house in different places
*And please, don’t give me that “I’m a very busy person” excuse as to why your office desk is always in a mess. Can’t you just take one day of the week to clear that table?
Some people may find my view a little bit extreme or unnecessary but it’s the blatant truth. Even if you have a maid at home, you can’t possibly have a maid following you everywhere you go just to clean up your mess all the time.
Dirtiness could be really extreme but that’s not where I’m going to today. I’m just pointing our attention to the little things we leave undone that piles up to become a really big mess.
It’s understandable if after a busy day, you just sleep off on the sofa with all your things scattered everywhere. But you shouldn’t wake up & leave all those things lying there till the end of the week or till you’re expecting a visitor & you need to clean up the mess out of compulsion.
It is even more shocking to find out bad some people are at replacing things they picked up from a place back to that same place or someplace closer to the original place it was picked from.
All of these things are not so difficult & it’s not natural that you become disorganized. It starts from little things.
Today, I’m challenging everyone to be neat. Embrace cleanliness! The saying “cleanliness is next to godliness” is so true. I find it so difficult to pray or have some alone time with God when the whole place is disorganized. I just love it when everywhere is sparkling clean.



You can do same too. It’s easy.
*Get up from your bed every morning & straighten the sheets à Bed is laid.
*Wash your plates, cups, cutlery (whatever you use in eating) immediately after use à Dishes done; Kitchen clean.
*Clean your space; sweep, wipe off dust from your gadgets as soon as you can à House is clean.
*Clear your desk & arrange your files before leaving your office à A clear table is what you get, plus a bonus, that is, you get to notice if any document is missing or not.

Get rid of the “it’s a guy thing to have a disorganized house/room” mentality. It’s not a guy thing!
Please learn how not to litter the road with your papers & wrappers; keep them till you find a bin to dispose them.
Your maids are humans too. Lighten their workload by doing for yourself these little things you should be doing on a good day. Being organized & neat is another secret to living a happier life. Once you get rid of all clutter, you’ll begin to notice how free you can be in your mind & soul; and of course, you’ll be happier.

STAY CLEAN, STAY HAPPY. GET RID OF THE CLUTTER!

Have an organized life y’all !!



Photos: sourced from google




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weTalk! (Thin Lines:1)

Chasing Shadows (Episode 9): Finale

A Couple of Three... Episode 10 (EPISODE FINALE)