NOT BY 'SWAG', NOR BY 'FUNKYNESS'

Hello lovelies. Happy new week. Trust you all had a fabulous weekend. I had an eventful one and I just want to share a bit of how my weekend went. Read on!

***********
Last Saturday started beautifully at my end here (the South-Western part of Nigeria). Saturdays as we all know, are characterized by various celebrations, parties, get-togethers and what have you.

The day started on a 'not-so-smooth' way for me. I had woken up quite later than I expected my alarm to wake me up. I was that tired; didn't even hear it ring. I jumped out of bed when I realized I had a 7am appointment with a make-up client at the far end of my Ibadan base. Just as I set out with my make-up box in one hand and handbag on the other, the heavens opened and these heavy showers came pouring. This was the best opportunity to get my dad to release his car. I did my mushy pity face to daddy and in seconds, the keys to the car was released.

Once I set out, I soon found out that I was going to probably get lost, as it looked like I had to figure out the client's location, like participants at the Gulder Ultimate Search had to look for hidden treasures.

Not to bore you with my driving expedition, I got to the client's location, finished up with the make-up and went to the venue of the party, as it was the wedding ceremony of an old secondary school and university mate.

It was a beautiful 'owambe' (a term used to describe parties organized by the people from the Yoruba tribe of South-Western Nigeria); beautifully decorated venue, everyone looking gorgeous with different styles of african headgears to match with nicely sewn dresses (both african and contemporary) and pretty shoes (I love shoes, and so I take special notice when I attend these owambes).
The bride was looking smashing. I got the chance to take a selfie with her (an achievement for the day... Lol).

This was one of the 'owambes' I couldn't afford to spend so much time at, as I had several other meetings to attend, plus I had to return dad's car ASAP. So I dressed corporately to the party; no african attire; no headgear. This would even afford me the opportunity to sneak out (I thought to myself while dressing up... Lol).
Yeah...That's the corporate wear I had on

I was 'sneaking' out of the party when I saw a group of 5 girls, who happened to be my old school mates (just like the bride). Hugs, excitement, shouts, pecks and all of those mushy things that happen after re-uniting with people you have not seen for over 10years since we left secondary school, happened. And I took it upon myself to capture the moment with my digital camera.

There was this guy standing close to an Honda IV-tech Car around where we all stood and were playing catch-up. He looked very cool, holding two tech-phones (one blackberry Q10 or so and one other posh phone), with his shoe shining, his native attire well ironed. I approached him with a smile, and asked that he helped take pictures of my old school mates and I with my digital camera. He agreed; collected the camera; told us to arrange ourselves, and Click - Click - Click... We must have taken about 6 different pictures as he kept asking us to change our poses, which we gladly did. After the session of group photograph, I even asked him to help take an extra shot of just me, which he gladly did.

Fast forward 45minutes or so later, I had gotten back to my base, unpacked my make-up box, munched on something and was very relaxed. I brought out my digital camera to take a look at all the pictures I had taken at the beautiful party turned re-union. And to my amazement, I couldn't find all the pictures my class mates and I took, plus the personal shot I had asked this cool dude to help take. I switched off my camera and switched on again to be sure nothing was wrong with my precious camera. After switching the camera on and off about 5 times and I still couldn't find the pictures, I came to this conclusion, which is more like a 'commandment' drafted by me for parties (owambes). It goes thus:

"Thou shalt not judge the ability of a person to use a digital camera appropriately by his supposed outward look/swag".

... L O L

No doubt, I was pained by the fact that I couldn't get a chance to capture the moment appropriately, but the good thing is I had fun catching up with my girls, and I'll always have the memory stored up in my head.

-------------------
What do you guys think the guy was doing when it looked like he was clicking and taking pictures, and even asking us to change our poses?
Please drop your comments. Let's laugh this out together... *wink*

********

I have dropped some of the pictures I took before the whole experience with the cool dude who took invisible pictures happened. Have an amazing second week in June. Love y'all!
Enjoy!

********
I'm dedicating this piece to darling Adebimpe Ismaila now Mrs. Bimpe Bakare on her wedding ceremony. May you find peace in this new home. *xoxo*



Gorgeous Bride: Mrs. Adebimpe Bakare






My gorgeous "happening mama" client



My client's daughter: She also had her make-up and headgear done




Another pose with my client... I enjoyed every moment with her

That's the selfie I took with the pretty bride: Mrs. Bimpe Bakare
Of course, I had a swell time at the party



Comments

  1. Thank God someone else was able to capture the moment with a phone, it was nice seeing again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi oh. Thanks dear. It was also nice seeing you at the party. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this again after 2 years,Thanks for the wonderful piece. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself �������� and about the photographer,errrrrm I'm sure he's one of the vendors and not our guest,lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

weTalk! (Thin Lines:1)

Chasing Shadows (Episode 9): Finale

A Couple of Three... Episode 10 (EPISODE FINALE)