A MENTOR TO CELEBRATE

Hey people.
Look who is back after a few weeks in hiding.😃

I'll tell you what I've been up to but before then, I need to quickly share this short story.

Sometime in 2015/16, I was studying for my Masters degree, and I used to visit the malls as a pass-time activity from books. Window shopping was free anyway, and no one would judge you for walking in, trying on a few clothes and shoes and leaving without purchasing anything (you guys should wash clothes bought in stores before wearing just for this singular reason 😂).
Back then, my Instagram page was only for my personal pictures and pictures of friends. No serious business at the time.
Then one one of those days, I found a Steve Madden sandal at the factory store selling at a ridiculous price. I posted it and bam, that was the day my personal shopping business started. A dear friend took it upon herself to invest in my business by shopping tons of items that I took home that year and the rest they say, is history.

Along the line, I began following people into the same line of business on Instagram till I found my mentor. Something was different about her. I couldn't place it immediately, so I stalked her. Yep! If I find you intriguing, and I see things I like in you, best believe I will stalk you, almost till you realize someone is stalking you.
And that's what I did. It wasn't an easy stalking ride, because I unfollowed this lady plenty times o, chai 🤣. It wasn't beef, it was just because I couldn't understand her pricing (I tried so hard to calculate), I couldn't understand how she took her own product pictures to make them look ghenghen, I couldn't understand how she arranged her posts, carried herself, how she spoke, in short, everything.

But I know excellence when I see it from afar. Excellence is not just an attribute, it is a spirit and it lives in people. And because that's my ultimate goal, to be excellent in everything I do, I finally decided to stop unfollowing and just learn from her.

Today, 2 years after, this lady is my mentor.
And in the past two years, I'll tell you what her impact has done to me.
I've figured out my niche, I rebranded my business, I'm doing videos, lots of videos, guys. As outspoken as most people think I am, standing in front of people to speak has always been a problem. I'd rather write what I have to say, but look who has a YouTube channel 💃💃💃 (go and subscribe to my channel o, before I vex 🤣. Click here to subscribe).
Asides business, I've become more fervent in the Lord. Chai, this mentor of mine can pray, study her bible, listen to christian messages for Africa. Her mantra is Matt 6:33.

She's such a private person, easy going, and she loves deep.
However, I'm Ms Loud, noise maker and the one that can't keep calm.🤣

Please celebrate my mentor with me.
She's been more than a mentor.
She's my friend and sister, Aunty Remi of Tidemmajewels London, the best image consultant and personal shopper I know.

Kindly drop your wishes and prayers for her, here or on Instagram or Facebook or wherever you get to read this post.

If you see me blow tomorrow, just know I have a huge support system in you all and wonderful mentor to cap it up. 
.
Happy birthday Aunty Remi.
The dew of heaven is yours. Your head is continually lifted like that of the unicorn. Great shall be your peace, and this new year you're adding on will be the best year you have ever lived.
You're launched into greater heights in Jesus name. Nations come to you and your light shines through in Jesus name.

I love you so much.😘
Have a blast.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weTalk! (Thin Lines:1)

Chasing Shadows (Episode 9): Finale

A Couple of Three... Episode 10 (EPISODE FINALE)